September 20, 2013

Update: Forex, Sports and Books

First of all, I apologize for being absent in the past few days. This week had been our school's intramurals and for what could be the first time ever, our school decided to give three days for us students to support our colleges! Last year we had classes while a soccer game was going on outside so this was  such a much loved decision.

So anyway, the theme this year is "Ruby Olympics". The week started off with the cheer dance competition. Though our college was last year's champions, we failed to get the top place this time. But everything's still good since all of the colleges gave their best show. Soccer and basketball proved to be the most popular among the students, and the individual sports have also acquired ggood-sized crowds. In general, I enjoyed the games we've watched. Tomorrow, there would be a Mr. & Ms. Intramurals 2013 pageant too, right before the closing ceremonies.

so fucking excited for this one
After all these I'm back to reality though. How I wish to question the reality of reality, but I can't. It's all real and I need to finish doing my FOREX project as soon as possible. It's our only major project this semester and I badly need good grades. But unfortunately I'm having trouble trading since I still have no idea how to do this stuff:

So this is... the marketing course I signed up for?
WAIT, I still have good news
I'm reading again!!! Not that I've literally stopped, but after a long while, I finally got a good title to immerse myself in. It's no other than Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Dubbed as the second most influential book in the world, just right behind the Bible. I have no idea what to expect as I opened it though but I am still pleasantly surprised. Right at the first chapter I am already bombarded with tons of philosophical ideas. Simply A.Mazing. I'm not done with it yet, but I've browsed the web for it and saw a quote:
"To love a woman for her virtues is meaningless. She's earned it, it's a payment, not a gift. But to love her for her vices is a real gift, unearned and undeserved. To love her for her vices is to defile all virtue for her sake - and that is a real tribute of love, because you sacrifice your conscience, your reason, your integrity and your invaluable self-esteem."
I am not yet on this part of the book, but this quote is just so damn good and could stand by itself. Like I said, the book offers so many ideas it's hard to track of them. People were right Atlas Shrugged is truly influential.

Between reading thick novels and trading dollars and cheering for strangers, I still need to finish another paper too and we have this upcoming final exams and the future looks hazy and shit. So I'll be busy for awhile but I will get back here as soon as I'm done with my  priorities =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...