October 26, 2013

Wella's Adventures Part 1: On My Way Home

Even if I feel old typing about about this, I'd like to share my funny and memorable incidents that happened to me years ago. I usually rode the motorela ( A type of public transport found in the Philippines) on my way home during my high school days, during during that time we live so far away from the city and every time I go home, it feels like I'm going on an adventure.


My first story happened on one Friday afternoon. Expecting another long ride home, I was sitting quietly inside the motorela, feeling drowsy and moody. A man got in when we stopped at an intersection. He looks somewhere in his late 20s or early 30s, I remember he was wearing sunglasses and bringing a huge Hershey's Kisses chocolate, you know, the giant one. Naturally, because of the chocolate, I noticed him. Then I noticed him noticing me.
Stranger: Hey, I'm an alumni from your schoolMe: (He's a fucking stranger, don't talk to him) Oh, really?Stranger: Yeah, I miss high school all of the sudden. Wait, is Mrs.______ still teaching in the campus?Me: I haven't heard of her.
The man nodded then proceeded to tell his life story the entire ride. His. Life. Story. 
But the thing is, he was quite inspirational. He talked how he worked hard to graduate, and how he studied diligently in college. However he worked as a waiter in America right after, rather a weird pain in the heart after all the education he had. He was determined though and pulled down his pride and worked on. He said that he was able to save enough money for his family and he didn't regret anything that happened in his life.

"Look at me now" He said to me. "Life is hard but I made myself have an at least comfortable life. Don't be hasty when it comes to boyfriends, wait do you have one already" I shook my head. "Very good, boys are boys, they are distractions, just focus on your studies and work hard for your grades."

With that wisdom he said goodbye, and got out the motorela and I never saw him again. Well duh, this is still a city and he was still a stranger. I'm not so sure if he truly influence my perception on life but I still don't have a boyfriend. I have no idea if it's a good thing or not. Anyway, he made my day with our small conversation, it's amazing to see actual people inspiring others.It's not everyday you get to chance upon someone who will say "Hey, this is the story of my life..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...