December 13, 2019

Blog Drafts That Never Saw the Light of Day

Hello, beauties! Life was too hectic for me that I wasnt able to follow up on my previous promise to get back to this blog. But worry no more! I just had an idea! I looked into my drafts and saw I gathered a lot of ideas through the years but didnt manage to either finish or publish them. So I'm going to share some of them here today!


Draft Saved on May 2013 - The beginning of a chapter I never finished.

It took about fifteen minutes of opening the intricately woven ribbons and wrappings before Erida managed to stand and look at her bethroted's newest gift. An ivory-colored dress made of brocade and silk. 
More silk, Erida sighed. Leo was never the thrift one, but giving her another set of clothes to be only used once is way absurd. The last time he was outrageously generous was just the night before, and it still makes her cringe to imagine all money he had used to bought all there is to be bought for their engagement feast. 
"Cam,where are you" 
"Yes my lady?" 
Erida handed her the wrecked box "Go to your master's office and return these"
Cam's eyes widened staring at the dress "My lady?" 
"Believe me when I say I want nothing of it, as of now" 
"But this dress is so beautiful" 
"Leo would never give me anything else, but he must learn to control his spending or lose me instead" 
Cam gasped "My lady!" 
Erida laughed, and gleefully held Cam's arm "I'm joking, you hold that one and we'll go together"
Draft Saved on October 2013 - This one is personally kinda cringy. I was really into 4chan that time.

So I notice that there had been many tips on what to do in 4chan and over the summer there had been a large population of newbies in the website. What I want to do now is to share some insights on what to actually avoid while being a 4chan lurker. After all it pays well to be careful:

1. Please for the sake of sanity, NEVER delete your system32 folder. This is an old trolling game in which an obvious newbie would be given a wise-sounding advice to have their system32 folder deleted to make their computers work faster.
NOPE it won't make your PC/laptop better, because after deleting it, your computer will actually become brain dead.

2. Don't share your age if you're a minor or just joking and calling yourself a 12-year-old because minors in 4chan are against the rules.

3. Do not attempt to make others believe you're a woman.
So what's with this tip? One of 4chan's "Anon rules" is that all anons are bros, there are no women. This is due to the anonymous atmosphere in the site where you cannot really trust the users to be actually what they're claiming to be. Some female posters are obvious so there's no need to be suspicious, but if it happens that a few anons won't believe you, do not get offended.

4. Do not praise or criticize things if you're a newbie. Being a new lurker in 4chan, you are still inexperienced with the website's culture, you still have no idea what each board likes or their hates. Not everything in 4chan is /b/, each board has different tastes and it's better to identify them firsthand.
Examples:
-Some boards actually have unofficial mascots
-Anons will likely judge you if you upload an image from tumblr
-Everyone is in love with moot.
-Some boards are really slow and it's quite normal for them to hate you if you constantly bump a thread.

5. Since 4chan is an image board website, it's not unusual to see people asking where a particular picture comes from. Use TinEye or Google first before making this kind of inquiry.

6. Don't spill the milk.

7. Learn the lingo. Seriously if you want to be in 4chan for a long time, hit the UrbanDictionary now.

8. Learn what to post in different types of threads.
Examples:
a.)BAWW threads- This is where you cry your heart out, where everyone is a sad human being, share your problems and listen to problems. Posts tend to range from inspirational to truly heartbreaking.
b.) NOPE threads- usually real-life stories that pertains to the supernatural and ghosts.
c.) Lifehacks- Post infographics, how-tos and DIY projects, anything that makes life easier.
d.) Write A Letter to Someone Who Will Never Read It
e.) WAT DO- So anon is in a situation and only you fellow anons could help him.

9. Don't be complacent when it comes to clicking links. Always be cautious as viruses are still rampant in this day and age.

10.) Please read the rules. It would be worth it, I promise.

Draft Saved on June 2014 - Titled "Unique Hobbies" Lmao I wasnt able to expound on this post further. It's just a list! It's nice to know that though they seemed "unique" to me back in 2014, they're all more or less, known nowadays.

  1. taxidermy
  2. Geocaching
  3. Fire Spinning
  4. astronomy
  5. Blacksmithing
  6. Bea Sprites
  7. Homebrewing
  8. Archery
  9. Perler Beads
  10. Clean Shaving

Draft Saved on May 2014 - The hashtag #yesallwomen trended that month in twitter and I saved some of my favorites (and most are still applicable today):












1 comment:

  1. I also have drafts that I never finished😀.. and idk i dont feel like
    finishing them now either after slacking off blogging for a 2 years huhu


    beyond beneath

    ReplyDelete