September 10, 2014

Games You Don't Want to Play 4

DISCLAIMER: All content provided on this blog post are for informational purposes only. 
I will not be liable for any errors or omissions, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. It is highly recommended NOT TO "PLAY" THEM, because you just don't "play" with the unknown. If you do choose to ignore this advice, do so at your own risk.


I'M BACK! Sort of... I never knew replacing  a laptop's motherboard could be so damn expensive, thus I apologize to all my readers out there, I'm currently broke and busy so my blogging presence is almost non-existent. However, I know some of you guys are waiting for a new post or something, so here I am publishing the newest installment of the Games You Don't Want to Play series! Hope you'll enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed doing the research:

HYAKUMONOGATARI KAIDANKAI
Introduction: Hyakumonogatari Kaidankai a.k.a. Ancient Japanese Candle Game is quite simple to play and was a summertime activity in old Japan where they used this game as a sort of dare for samurais or even the common folk as a test of courage.

Things you need:
100 candles (use medium-sized candles or those that can burn for a long time)
100 short ghost stories
A lighter

How to do it:
First, the game should be played at night during summertime or when the weather is good or just find a nice spot in the house, to avoid putting the candles off accidentally.

1. Place the 100 candles in a circle and light all of them
2. Gather the players around the candles
3. One by one, the players will tell a ghost story. After each person tells a story, you extinguish a candle
4. When the final candle is blown off, someone or something terrible would be waiting in the darkness.

Note: I have no idea what happens at the end. Play at your own risk


DOORS TO THE MIND

How To Do It:
1. Dim the lights, and light a few candles. The name of the game is to put you into a nice meditative state. You need to be relaxed and be able to have a free mind. This is most important for this to work. So put on some comfy clothes and reeeeeelax. The only useful door to your mind is an open one.

2. Next, Lay your head in your partner’s lap. Pillows are always nice. Make sure your head is facing up. Your friend will need to rub both of your temples in slow, circular motions. Like a massage. It needs to be relaxing. That is key. Make sure they keep a pretty steady tempo. Much ado about trancing and meditation.

3.  This is where your friend will have to guide you, so to speak. Let your mind/ imagination do all the work. This entire time your eyes will be closed, and you will be relaying descriptive information to your partner about your surroundings and such (Suggestion: have a third person recording?) Never second guess what comes to mind. Simply answer your partner’s questions without hesitation, as they come to you. Just let it happen.

4. Here is what your helper should start you with:
“You are at one end of a very long corridor. There are numerous doors on both sides of this corridor, spanning the entire length. I want you to explore these doors, and the rooms behind them. Describe to me what you can see, hear, touch, and feel with great detail.”

And from there, the exploration is up to your mind.

Important Things to Remember
1. Always pay attention to the door first. This will give you a clue as to what waits for you inside. Note doorhandles, any imperfections, unusual color, shape, size. Also the temperature of the doorhandle may or may not be important.

2. IF YOU GO INTO A ROOM FULL OF CLOCKS, LEAVE IMMEDIATELY (or try to…). I don’t know what the reasoning behind this was, all I know is that it was a big deal. You could stay if you wish, but don’t say I didn't warn you. You probably shouldn't touch any of the clocks either… Just don’t say I didn't warn you. Anybody have an idea why a room full of clocks would be bad?

3. This isn't going to be helpful, but I remember something bad about seeing old ladies, too. -shrug- Anybody have ideas about that as well? Again, this is just stuff I remember from being a kid.

4. Not all things in your mind are benevolent towards you. I’m pretty sure you know that, hanging around here. But I thought I’d remind you. It’s good to ask “yourself” questions, sometimes these manifested characters can be quite revealing… but other times they can just bring you down.

5. Follow your gut instinct about certain doors. Sometimes curiosity really does… kill the cat. :(

6. Check what’s on your person. describe what you are wearing. Check your pockets. You might have keys, trinkets…. anything. You never know. They might be useful in your exploration, or at the very least, symbolic.

Happy exploring and be careful!
DRY BONES

Things you need:
Bathroom w/ mirror
 A box of matches

How to do it:
1. To prepare, close all doors in your house firmly. Make SURE that they are secure. Close all pantries, cupboards, and cabinets, too. Basically, anything that can open. This one is crucial. Turn off all of your lights, even your computer screens and phones.

2. Wait until 12:01 AM. Not a minute later (or earlier) to begin the ritual

3.. Go to your bathroom, and look in the mirror. Close your eyes and make sure everything is completely silent. If you hear anything, get out of the house Immediately. That means he is already here. Think of something that you want. This will be your prize if you win. Ideally realistically achievable.

4. Light a match and wait until it burns out on its own (Do not blow it out. It will anger him). If the match lasts at least 15 seconds, you are ready to begin.

5. Lie on the ground and say the following words: "I am aware of your presence, and I welcome you into my home. Come now"

6. Go into the largest room of your house, and wait.

7. How long this takes will vary. For some, it will take hours, and for some, minutes. You need to be patient.

8. When he is ready, you will hear a faint moaning sound. If you hear anything else, abort the game get the hell out of the house.

9. This is where the fun begins. He will try to find you, and you must hide. Remain absolutely quiet, and don't make any quick movements, as it could give away your location. Think of it as hardcore hide and seek.

10. You must remain hidden until 3:00 AM. At this time, it is safe to come out. Go, again to the largest room in your house, and say the following: "Thank you for playing, but you must leave now. You are no longer welcome". There should be a moaning noise in acknowledgement and the game will be over. If you do not hear a noise of some kind then you should repeat that he is no longer welcome and the game is over. This can sometimes take a few repetitions.

11.The next morning when you wake up, your prize will be outside the door to your house.
Congratulations! You won.

Important Things to Remember
1. Your wish should not bring harm to anyone. There is a grave price for making this sort of deal with him and he may decide the game was not enough to honor it.
2. Note that just because you have asked him to leave, it doesn't mean he won’t visit again. He cannot harm you unless you play this game again.
3. You should only play this game once.

THE THUMB GAME

Introduction: Oyayubi sagashi or Thumb Game, was a Japanese urban legend about a 20 year old woman who was killed and when her body parts were discovered, only the thumb was left missing. The Thumb game's objective is to find the missing left thumb. If you find it, your wish will be granted. You need three or more people to play this game.

How to do it:
1. Form a circle sitting on the ground.
2. Hold the left thumb of the person on your right. The person on your left should grab your left thumb.(while the game is in progress, don’t let go of the person’s thumb. Otherwise, when the game ends, their thumb will be missing.)
3.. Everyone has to close their eyes and imagine they are in the villa where the murdered woman was dismembered. You must do this seriously or else it will not work.
While the game is in progress, don’t open your eyes.
4. Say the following chant twice.
“Oyayubi, Oyayubi, hear our voices.
Oyayubi, Oyayubi, grant our wish.”
You’ll be transported to a room you've never seen before. It’s a western-style villa. There’s one solitary candle in the room.
5. You must start looking for the thumb immediately. You have until the candle burns out to search for the severed thumb.
6. To get back from the villa, you must blow out the candle.

WARNING:
1. While you are in the villa, looking for the thumb, you may feel someone tap you twice on the shoulder. When this happens, do not look behind you. Otherwise, you will never be able to come back alive.

2. It is extremely important that you don’t look behind. If you do, you will be killed. You will never return from the villa. You will be forced to remain there eternally, tapping people on the shoulder twice and then brutally murdering them. Instead of just being a missing person, you will be a murderer.

3. If you manage to find the severed thumb, hold it tightly in your hand and then blow out the candle. You will return and your wish will be granted. If you cannot find the thumb, just blow out the candle and return. Do not allow the candle to burn out on its own or you will be stranded in the villa.

Important Things to Remember
    Do not let go of anyone’s thumb.
    Do not open your eyes during the ritual.
    Do not allow the candle to burn out.
    Do not look behind you.

The Thumb Game can be very dangerous. It’s been strictly recommended that you do not play it unless you memorize all of the rules beforehand. A mistake could cost you your life.


56 comments:

  1. I need to try all of these!

    except maybe the Devils Face one. Im cool with demons and spirits and shit, but the Devil? No thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Demon, are WORST than devils.

      Trust me.

      Delete
    2. Considering the devil rules over all demons, I'd say that he is in fact worse. That is if you base it on any christian religion. Idk about others though but, the devil is satan

      Delete
    3. both are pretty cool if you ask me

      Delete
    4. I play as the thumb game and my grind went a little bit crazy

      Delete
    5. I think that ghost,demons and devils and stuff are awesome, I kinda respect them a little but its not like I'm into all that witch carfts and stuff like that, but even though I find these stuff interesting I also find it stupid.

      Delete
  2. Trying da thumb game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japan is freaky man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have any of you tried the thumb game? If you have please tell me details about it!!!x)

      Delete
  4. I am 11 and I have tried Bloody Mary. It is real!!! I was nearly killed..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if your si=omehow kidding, ur gona live, if your not kidding and you survived her attack, you will be haunted by her eternally

      Delete
    2. I am so fucking done with kids on the internet always feeling the god damned need to tell us their age. "Oh, I'm 11 and I like this band, aren't I so mature and cool for my age?" and "Yeah, I'm only 12, but I did this one cool thing (I actually didn't though and it's super obvious that I'm lying but I still think that everyone is fooled)." You don't even need to tell us your age! It isn't necessary to help your statement! It doesn't make you seem cool or mature, it just tells everyone how dumb you are.

      Delete
    3. YEAH!!! Go play pokemon, eat candies, break your neighbor's windows, be stubborn and overdo crying for purchasing a bike, go pull your siblings hair and fight,steal some small amount from your mom's purse and spend it stealthily, go and buy kites, go and fly kites , buy a sherbet to drink while at it, GO.... you are doing something horribly wrong!!!

      Delete
  5. I did dry bones.... neverevereverEVER DO THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? What happened?

      Delete
    2. What did u wish for?

      Delete
    3. Please tell us what happened now you told us that u did it.

      Delete
  6. I am chinese and a room full of clocks won't be good because clock in chinese is 时钟 (shi zhong) which also sounds like 死钟 (si zhong). The meaning is time of death or death is approaching or what not. So all in all, bad luck. This is just a chinese belief. It's also not good to give clocks to friends of family for their birthday or special occasion as it is a bad omen due to the reason above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna do a bit of prep for the Elevator Game and hopefully take a video of it to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you happen to succeed, would you mind posting on reddit's /nosleep section? I think this will be interesting to a LOT of people, including me. I'll be happy to read / hopefully see what you experienced!

      Delete
    2. You should check out some of the more recent stories. One user did the hooded man ritual and the elevator game. She's hoping to do the midnight man ritual on Sunday.

      Delete
    3. http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/2o9md1/my_name_is_makayla_walters_and_my_fate_is_my_own/
      reason why you don't play these games ^^

      Delete
  8. Japan is scary and dang weird

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone say what's it like to do Doors to the mind if they do it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    Clash of clans hack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who else will read every last ritual but will not do one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely will not. I got spooked just reading them lol

      Delete
    2. I might do the thumb one, of the one about looking in your mind thing or whatever?? Maybe even the crossroad one.

      Delete
    3. I might do the thumb one, of the one about looking in your mind thing or whatever?? Maybe even the crossroad one.

      Delete
  12. I want to play the thumb game. Would a valid prize include this: Have Eminem appear at my door step. Would that be a good prize that can actually happen?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to play the Midnight Game with a few friends in the near future. I'm also debating whether or not I want to play Three Kings. But.. I don't really trust anyone enough for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In the game doors to the mind, it is important to leave a room with clocks because clocks trap you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wtf these are insane !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What happens if the man finds you in Dry Bones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do dry bones but i dont know what happens when he finds you

      Delete
    2. He will but rape you raw and dry thats why the name is dry bones he will put hes bone (dick) inside your but dont have any sounds while is doing becouse he dont like sounds let hem come inside you and you may live. Plz people this is not a joke i did my self it hurts plz dont try dry bones its very very dagerous and ps hes bone is half a meter long plz dont me im not gay he is gay but i still hurts plz im being serious it sounds weird and fake but it is not it hapend to...

      Delete
    3. Are you ok?! Oh god I can't tell to believe it or not bit are you ok?!?

      Delete
  17. What's the point of this games actually?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to see if they are true or not =D

      Delete
  18. I had tried Hyakumonogatari Kaidankai. After i blow off all the candle i can't even see which way i was going. Next thing i realize i accidentally bump onto my mother's favorite vase. I got scolded for more than an hour. I think that's the terrible thing they talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uhm...What happens if the Dry Bones guy finds you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anus? What do you mean by that?I mean I know what anus means what I meant to say is are saying exactly what I'm thinking?

      Delete
  20. Anyone knows about the card game?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I played the thumb game and guess what it didnt worked...this everything is fake

    ReplyDelete
  22. anything involve blood,ur name, 12 pm, mirrors and candles can summon the demons
    believe me
    once i played ouija and every thing it said was true , but you'd better not to try it for the sake of curiosity or showing off ur courage
    play resident evil or devil may cry instead =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. has anyone tried the little finger game?????

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should note to not read those when you’re in bed and it’s after midnight. I’m getting paranoid and I haven’t even summoned the dead, ghosts, spirits, or whatever. Now I have to watch something non-horror shit because what if?

    ReplyDelete