July 10, 2013

Despicable Me is Flawless

I enjoyed every second of it. I hope most movies would be this cool and that there would always be minions around and about. However Pacific Rim is also showing this week and I'm totally broke. That's so unfortunate since I truly hoped to watch this movie in big screen because of its awesomeness, I'm not even going to expect an ultra amazing plot, but to be able to see all those visual effects might have been enough for me. But alas I would only be watching it one DVD. I'm not saying I regret seeing the minions though, like I said, it's flawless and worth it.


But for the time being let me summarize some interesting movie news this month and to busy myself from Not-seeing-Pacific-Rim depression:
Spike Lee’s Oldboy remake has revealed an intriguing first poster online, with Josh Brolin emerging from a (possibly symbolic) casket [Source]


Ever since its release, Oldboy had accumulated a vast cult-following. Me included, the fans went apeshit when a remake was first announced. I wonder how this version would compare to the Korean original, though for starters, the Korean one was loosely based on the manga, so this remake could still have its excuses. The expectations are still high nevertheless. The last Korean to Western remake I've was My Sassy Girl and it was shitty.

Captain America Gets Gritty In 'The Winter Soldier' Teaser Poster [Source]


The teaser poster for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is finally out! This is also the second official image released for the second installment of Captain America. The plot will pick-up where The Avengers left off and the synopsis also revealed that he'll be teaming up with Black Widow too. I'm super excited for this film, the same thing all the rest of the Marvel superhero franchise. Which is a long list if truth to be told.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is Headed to Television [Source]


With Michael Green ( Heroes, Smallville) as the writer and executive producer of the project, the popular Alan Moore comics The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen will be making its way to television on Fox. In conjunction with 20th Century Fox's TV studio, a "put pilot" has been ordered which means that they will still air an episode even if they'll decide they won't pick it up as a series.

Disney Planning Live-Action JUNGLE BOOK Reboot [Source]
Ok if you are interested with what Disney has in store with us in terms of live action remakes, take deep breath: Sleeping Beuty's Maleficent, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland and now it's Jungle Book. This feels like the plans Marvel had for their own set of heroes.





No comments:

Post a Comment