August 18, 2013

Day 6 - your all time favorite movie

It may sound cliche to some of you but I absolutely worship The Godfather.


My love story with the film began when I read Mario Puzo's book of the same name. It's a good novel and I realized that I need to watch the movie adaptation immediately. Fortunately a friend of mine gave me a copy and I finally saw it. The Godfather has been all over the media for many years now, dubbing it as one of history's best movies ever produced, so I'm not entirely ignorant of its existence. However since I already know what to expect after reading the book, watching every scene and seeing the characters come to life makes the experience a hundred times better.

What I love most about The Godfather was the way they portrayed family loyalty. Marlon Brando gave an incredible portrayal of Vito Corleone, especially in showing genuine concern for his sons and acquaintances.
Plus, Al Pacino looks so pretteh in this film. I don't understand why the filmmakers were reluctant to have him as Micheal. I mean looking at his face (and his height) no one would think he could assassinate a bunch of mafia bosses, but he did and he was positively effective that way.

What's not to like?
I have tons of favorites when it comes to movies, but I have this feeling that The Godfather will reign over my heart for quite some time ;)

1 comment:

  1. It gives me so much of pain accepting the fact that I haven't watched Godfather. But after reading your blog I'm very much motivated to watch it. Thank you for your such an inspirational and interesting blog post.

    Best Regards,
    Kunik Goel

    ReplyDelete